Plan and Research Carefully Before Transporting Your Camper, RV, or Travel Trailer
Your Recreational Vehicle is a home away from home that explains your worry when it is about shipping to some other location. Safety is the first thing that comes to mind while transporting a travel trailer, camper, or RV. You can visit Shiply, to learn more about RV transport.
For this, it is advised that you plan early and do complete research. Select a shipping company with licensed and insured drivers who specialize in handling modern equipment and transportation techniques by the US transport laws.
Some transport companies will do their best in your interest while others will just care about their money. Follow the motto of due diligence, which includes:
- Investigating the credentials of the transport company
- Going through customer reviews on third party sites like Google reviews or Transport Reviews
- Understanding the insurance policy
- Checking their previous experience in shipping RVs, campers, or trailers. You can ask for references from early customers that have taken their service.
- Plan for your shipping well in advance to give sufficient time to the professionals so that they work with you and get the shipping process done smoothly.
Ship A Car Inc. makes sure that you have made the right selection by choosing them. They help you with every need that comes along with shipping your camper, RV or trailer across the country. They make sure that they have all the necessary permits and legal needs for your RV and mobile home to get where you want it to go. Their specialized team of carriers
- Ensure to track the shipment,
- Stay in touch with the drivers at all times
- Oversee the entire process so that nothing comes in between your camper, trailer, or RV and its destination.
Prepare your RV for shipping
A few tips are most important to keep in mind before shipping your RV.
- Ensure there is no leakage anywhere in the RV
- Check the parking lights, brake, indicator, and sidelights are working fine
- Inspect the battery
- All doors, windows, cupboards are securely latched
- Ensure no loose items are hanging in the RV
- Disconnect gas lines and power supply
- Tires are properly inflated and check the pressure before shipment day
- Remove all heavy unnecessary items as more weight means an increase in the shipping cost
- Secure tow bar and hitch
Check the insurance policy
The last thing that you can wish for is getting your RV damaged during transportation. Although you will not face any such issue with a good reliable shipping company, yet it is advised to take preventive measures. Get shipping insurance for your RV and review the policy to understand:
- The policy covering RV damage
- What exactly is covered
- What is exempted in the policy?
Take pictures of your RV before shipping it so that you know what to claim in case of any damage. Prepare all documents and thoroughly inspect when you get your RV from the transporter.
Your RV is a prized possession and Ship A Car Inc. takes extra effort working tirelessly through the entire shipping process. They ensure to offer the best service with the most economical and realistic price.