Mold Remediation Services: When Your Car Is Compromised
Consider yourself fortunate if you have never had to seek mold remediation services because of a mold infested car of yours. It is bad enough if you have to deal with mold in your home; but at least there is considerably more space there than there is in your car. In your car however with the little space you can afford, you can begin to develop minor health issues if you do not quickly notice the infestation.
Just as you are wondering about where to get mold remediation services, you might also find yourself thinking of how there came to be mold growing in your car. Here are few reasons why you might be experiencing a mold invasion.
- A Car Wash: yes, innocently having your car maintained by washing it might be the reason you are now subject to these micro horrors. You or the car wash you took the car to probably didn’t take the time to properly dry out the car after a wash. If you didn’t know, mold just love moisture and it helps them breed and spread perfectly.
- Moisture Buildup: it could be that the cause of a mold infestation is due to a moisture buildup in the car that might have resulted from problems such as a broken seal or even a window left open.
- The Air Conditioning: the car’s conditioning system might be the home to these intruding discomforting microorganisms.
Just before you have to employ mold remediation services, you might want to try out the following remediation options by yourself.
- Try to get your car in a position where it can receive as much sunlight as possible. This works against mold growth in two ways. First, it dries up a moisture buildup and secondly it provides light. Mold love moisture and darkness. Taking both from them will greatly reduce their activities.
- You would also want to open all doors for a period of 15minutes and more for full ventilation. This also dries up moisture as well as improves the air quality in the car.
- You should remove all objects in the car that has been contaminated by the mold. These can be cleaned, disinfected and returned or completely disposed altogether.
- If the mold is in large clusters, you should break them down gently with a brush small enough to get into any necessary holes and spaces. In doing this, you should always wear a protective gear.
Never use bleach as a form of treatment against the spread of mold in your car. This chemical could only cause further harm as it could create a permanent stain in your car’s interior without really solving the mold problem.
To treat and clean your car’s interior in the event of a mold infestation, you might consider using an 8:2 mixture of white vinegar and water respectively. This not only completely eliminates the problem but has no lasting effect on any of your cars’ interior.
Baking soda and salt are also great for removing traces of mold and the smell that it might have generated.
If all these fail to make you love your car once again, then it’s best you call for professional mold remediation services.